Suitcase Packing Method
Everyone needs a travel suitcase packing method to follow whenever they have a coming trip.
I guess we’ve all fallen for small suitcases that don’t take all the baggage we need (or think we need). Yeah, despite the overpacking syndrome that most of us enjoy, we need to finally put an end to this mess.
So let’s see a one good suitcase packing method that can be added to any other packing technique you’ll hear of.
Whether it’s a small suitcase or not, you need to fit all your stuff in there…
Suitcase Packing Tips
The first thing to make sure of is your luggage – it should be handy, lightweight and large enough for your travel packing needs. Buy it long enough for your travel time in case you find any imperfection in it, and make sure it has a warranty. You don’t want to travel with a broken wheel or unzipped bag, what’s the worst that could happen?
The second thing you need to know is how to properly organize your stuff in your travel suitcase.
This is considered a travel essential technique.
Folding all of your clothes in your travel suitcase won’t give you any extra space for all of your needs, which might cause you to skip down pieces of clothes or facial routine tools that you might need on your trip. (especially that facial tools- you’ll totally regret it)
Suitcase Packing Method
Organize your travel suitcase based on this method so you keep everything neat and compressed and also fit more stuff or clothes. Here is how it goes.
- Resealable bags for your shoes
- Plastic pillbox
- Your suitcase & items (in case you forget ’em)
The Packing Technique:
1. Gather all the clothes you think you need on your trip. Then try to cut down the choices to basic needs, no overpacking. We all fall for this, but better try to take half of these items.
2. Pick up soft, lightweight clothing and roll them tight, put them on the base of the travel suitcase. Don’t forget your Jeans, cotton pants and T-shirts.
3. Fold the stiff clothes, the wrinkle prone ones and layer them on top.
4. To the length of your bag you should fold the longer items in half. This way they won’t take more space, so you can place your shoes and other stuff.
5. Now compress your smaller items in the nooks and crannies. Time for bras with socks in the cups and other tools.
6. Choose your shoes, sandal, loafer or an evening shoe. Realize what you might need in the trip, stick to the ones that work on various occasions. Wear the heaviest (sneakers I suppose) for the trip and pack the rest in the resealable bag.
7. Smaller stuff like jewelry or items that might get lost should be packed in the pillbox or a small film canister.
Travel Packing Printable Checklist
You can take the printable out and chop it down to your needs- do it with a pencil so you can refer whenever especially if you’re a seasoned traveler.
What travel packing tips would you include?