Before You Travel Checklist
Check out our before you travel checklist of things you don’t wanna forget and feel free to add to it in the comments below.
When it comes to traveling, there’s always one or two things that I tend to forget. No matter how much I remind myself to do/bring it, I might remember, but I forget another thing! Maybe it’s a habit, I don’t know.
But what I’m certain of is that after this ultimate list of things to do before traveling abroad, neither both of us’s gonna forget anything.
By the way, a good idea to avoid forgetting things is to write a before you travel checklist of whichever you should do/bring and hang it in the fridge. This has worked out pretty well for me!
Things you MUST DO Before Traveling Abroad
You might not forget to take your visa, ID, insurance, and copies of all that. But there a TONS of little things that most people tend to forget when they’re traveling abroad. So instead of laughing at whatever you might find ridiculous, consider adding to the list so that whenever you’re traveling you just print the checklist and make sure everything is under control.
- Don’t forget to give the most important call to your bank/credit card company to let them know where and when you’re gonna travel so that you can use your credit card wherever you are.
- PLUS, don’t delay this process, since yeah, they might have 24H option to enable your CC, but it’s gonna be harder than from on the phone. You don’t know whether it’s gonna be CLOSED on a national vacation, weekend, or late nights.
- What people mostly do is travel abroad, do some phone calls and send a couple text messages and BOOM. They get home, $700 Phone bill is waiting to receive them!
- So make sure to all your mobile phone provider and get a data package on phone calls and text messages.
- Another thing people forget to do is paying their bills before they go. See, even if you’re traveling only for seven days, you never know what’s gonna happen so it’s better limiting the chances of anything going wrong.Pay your bills before your departure and avoid late charges that might also affect your credit score.
- Have your mail held one day before you travel. You don’t want a bunch of mail in your mailbox with nobody there to receive them.
- SAFETY PROCESS – Set timers on your lights so that it appears like there’s someone in the house (so your house don’t get robbed while you’re away)
- Also, let your neighbors know you’re now gonna be there so they can keep an eye if a stranger breaks into your house or anything goes wrong.
Before You Travel Checklist
- Take your Passport
- Hotel Reservations
- Airplane tickets and copies of all that
- Turn off automatic android updates on your phone to avoid extra data charges
- Look up the conversion rate of the country you’re traveling to
- Unplug your wireless router
- Eat and throw out any leftovers in the fridge
- CLEAN all the dishes before you go
- Clip your nails – take a clipper
If you have more things you tend to forget when you travel abroad. Make sure you share it with us so that other people will benefit from your experience!
The comments section doesn’t bite – Don’t be shy ▼